Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The Unknown is Something to Smile At

Yesterday, I got a request for a full manuscript after an agent read the partial. Eight weeks ago, I got a request for a different full manuscript from Harlequin Mills and Boon after they read the partial. Since then, I have smiled at a lot of strangers, taken time to admire the clouds on the mountain, and have had, in general, a positive outlook on life. How easy it is to make a writer happy, yet it is not easy at all. It requires months and months, and sometimes years and years of hard work and diligence, and let's not forget the long weeks of waiting. Although I've had two positive experiences, I am still waiting for the agent's and Harlequin's decision--decisions that will ultimately change my life. Did I say life? Yes, writing is my life. I love my family and my job as a dental office manager, but I am constantly thinking about my writing and creating new and hopefully exciting stories--perhaps ones that will catch the attention of a big publisher like Harlequin and a New York agent.

For now, I am content to smile at strangers and admire the puffy clouds over the mountains, but I am ever aware of the wait. Will today be the day a decision is made? If not, I'll wait and see what happens tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment